• 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller running at 16 MHz
• Connects to a computer via a standard USB cable
• Flexible power source (USB or DC power)
• ICSP header for programming microcontroller
• Compatible with existing Arduino software libraries
• Compatible with the Ethernet and Motor Controller Shields
The ATmega328P comes with the Arduino bootloader preloaded. There is an ICSP (In-Circuit Serial Programming) header for the ATmega328 to optionally replace the bootloader.
As an added precaution, the board comes with a resettable polyfuse on the USB connection path. To prevent damage to the USB port, the fuse will trip when the current to the port exceeds 500 mA.
The input and/or output pins are brought out to the headers, providing a convenient way to prototype projects without the need of soldering or desoldering.
This board is based off of the Arduino Uno designed by Arduino, and is released under the
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License. The original design can be found at